Field Service/ Maintenance Mechanic Technician – Metalworking/Fabricating Machinery
Are you an analytical thinker that enjoys problem-solving? Do you have experience working with metalworking machinery such as press brakes, lasers, bandsaws etc? If the answer was yes to those two questions, we encourage you to apply to our field service technician job listing.
We are looking for someone who loves to work autonomously in a diversity of companies as you will be required to travel to customers in your provided company vehicle, fully equipped with safe and rock-solid tools.
Reporting to the service coordinator, the technician will be responsible for starting up, training, and servicing metal fabricating equipment in the province of Ontario. In this role, you will act as an equipment repair expert, providing day-to-day support to ensure our customer’s machines are functioning optimally.
1. Perform maintenance and repairs, servicing machinery in a timely manner
2. Install machines, providing start-up and training for our customers
3. Retrofit old machines
4. Instruct customers on applications, machine operation, maintenance, and safety both at customer warehouses and over the phone
5. Communicate customer issues to the service coordinator in a timely fashion
6. Must follow all safety requirements/guidelines
Trade/ Technical or other relevant Certificate/Diploma/ Training OR equivalent experience.
4+ years of experience as a service technician OR 2+ years of experience working with metal fabricating machines such as:
· Press Brake Machines
· Laser Cutting & Coil Punching Machines
· Hydraulic & Mechanical Sheet Metal Shears
· Metal Deburring and Finishing Machines
· CNC Punching Machines
· Plasma Cutting Machines
· Plate Rolling Machines
· Sheet Metal Folding Machines
· Profile Rolling Machines
· Beam Drilling Lines
· Tube Bending
A combination of relevant training and experience will be considered.
Join our team of skilled, friendly, and enthusiastic people here at Ferric Machinery.
Job Types: Full-time (40+ hrs per week), Permanent
Wage: $35.00 per hour.
· Company car
· Dental care
· Disability insurance
· Extended health care
· Life insurance
· English only – French not required
· Monday to Friday
On the road – Employer based in Cambridge, Ontario.